What Is Content Marketing
Different Types Of Content Marketing & Their Uses
We have been in the content marketing game for a long time and techniques constantly change and evolve but a few things the same.
- First and foremost is to plan a strategy that is based on the business and its industry as well as the type of clients that the business wants to attract with its online marketing. This can be in the form of a great strategy guide or a much-needed tool like a calculator.
- Now its time to publish your content and see how it performs!
- The next step is to measure the results to see if the content is getting consumed and appeals to your target audience.
- Once you see how the content is performing you can then optimize it and dial it in if needed.
Content Marketing Can Also Be Link Bait!
One other benefit of good content especially if it lives on your website is that it can be used for link bait. Link bait is any piece of content, tool or video that can help to attract links to your website by way of earning them due to its helpfulness or entertainment value. For most of us, it will be something useful like a strategy guide, or an opinion piece that can create controversy, a how-to video and pretty much anything that people would link to because it is unique or the best available content for that particular subject matter.
Using content marketing and combining it with the forethought of also using that same content for link bait is a great way to get the most out of your marketing dollars as well as link earning which is the way Google wants you to get links.
Blogs & Articles
Blogs and informative articles that help the user or evoke an emotional response to get them to share or link to the piece are a perfect example of content marketing using a written piece of content. We have found good informative pieces or interest pieces are the best avenues when it comes to using this type of content.
Video makes for a great content marketing tool all on its own and it’s even better when you have a good piece of written content to go with it! People will watch the video and the search engine will digest the written content and help the video rank as well as you may get some links to the piece. So combining these approaches will get you the best bang for the buck.
No matter if your using a video, a blog or some other form of digital media adding the social media component is a vital step in a successful content marketing campaign. Social Media will help the piece of content get as much exposure as possible and therefore will give you the best results in it possibly going viral and getting in front of a large audience.
Our Approach To Content Marketing
The way we approach content marketing for your business is to get you the most value out of the content that is being created by using it for as many possible purposes as possible. We will use it for social media promotions as well as organic rankings and as link bait if possible.
Not all digital content can do all of that but a lot can and when possible we work hard to get you the most value out of each and every piece created.
How we get started
- We interview the client and key personnel to get as much data about the business and how it operates.
- We establish what the client wants the content marketing strategy to look like and what we hope to accomplish.
- We then create the content and have the client review it to make sure its spot on.
- Once it’s approved we post the content on to the website if its a piece that will reside their or we will add it to the appropriate platform
- We push the piece out on all possible social media platforms that are relevant.
- If possible we use that same content to try and attract links to the site.
The main goal here is to create a campaign that is custom tailored to your industry, your type of clients as well as how your business operates.