2020 Application Process – Apply January 1 – January 30 til 5:00 pm – Prior to filling out the online application, proposed, startup and existing entrepreneurs should precede as follows:
- Proposed & Startup* Entrepreneurs– 3 Steps: 1) Workshop, 2) Quick online class, 3) Apply
- 1) All Proposed and Startup Entrepreneurs must attend this one-day event: Financial Workshop for Small Business Launch & Growth – scroll down to sign up. Some proposed and startup entrepreneurs must also take the quick online class (Creating a Successful Business Plan-CASBP) described below. There are some exceptions to this rule.
- EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE: Proposed & Startup Applicants who have previously completed one of the following, are NOT required to take the quick online class (CASBP) mentioned below: 1) BUSG 2309 Small Business Management; 2) BUSG 1373/1073/1307 Entrepreneurship & Economic Development; 3) Small Business Success Series by HCC; 4) University of Houston SURE program; 5) Houston Area Urban League Small Business University; or 6) Liftoff Houston Competition (completed all Liftoff training sessions and submitted a business plan).
- Existing Entrepreneurs– 2 Steps: 1) Workshop and 2) Apply
- * Note, you are considered a startup entrepreneur if your existing business has not yet achieved 6 straight months of net profit.