What is Search Engine Optimization?
This is a question that thousands of people have the minute they decide to do business online. When a business wants to make a website to advertise their name or solicit business online they need someone who is able to set it all up properly. They also need someone to help them make the site popular. It takes a vast knowledge of the internet and experience on how to advertise through it to know how to make a website well known. Finding the answer to the question, “What is Search Engine Optimization?” is vital if a company wants to have a site that all their customers can get to easily. There are several different ways to maximize the number of people that visit the site.
When a person is looking for a subject on the internet, they type a key phrase or word they are looking for through into their preferred search engine. Search results come up that match the typed word the person is looking for. In most cases, the results will be in the hundreds of thousands if not more. The odds of that person looking at every single result that came up are slim to none. They will more than use the results that come up on the first page and maybe the second page.
The Simple Answer to What SEO Does?
The simple answer to the question “What is Search Engine Optimization?” The process that can take your site from being on the bottom of the search results for a key phrase to the top.
The most common methodologies used when Optimizing a site are
- Onsite Seo – which consists of creating quality content for the site that reflects a congruent message of what the site is about. As well as optimizing title tags
- Technical SEO – making sure that the code of the site is up to best practice coding standards. Considering usability and making sure that a site loads fast.
- User experience – laying the site out in a manner that makes using it easy for the user as well as making it simple to find the main portions of the site thru proper navigation.
- Off-Site SEO – this is the part where off-site factors like aquiring links for the site and managing any off site properties that are owned by the company but are not directly tied to it. Like social profiles.
- Local SEO – here is where you optimize the Google My Business listing as well as work on building citations and getting reviews for the business.
This is SEO, in a nutshell, there are many fine intricacies that go into making it all happen but the above encompasses the different areas that are generally worked on in the SEO process.
Editing the content of the website can make a large difference by itself. All of the articles that are written can be tweaked in order to produce a better match result. Trying to include the main words of the article a handful of times will increase its ranking. The fundamental solution is to find the perfect amount of times a key word or phrase needs to be added to the article and blog. Inserting them too many times will hurt the site rather than help it.
As mentioned above, taking on this task alone is a tall order. It takes a complete understanding on how the process works. There are several companies out there that can be hired to make any website more popular. They charge a fee for this service, but it is well worth the price. These companies that specialize in SEO will bring more people to the site and increase business. Asking “What is Search Engine Optimization?” is not the only question that needs to be addressed. Proprietors also have to ask which company they should hire. There are many to choose from.
Finding the right SEO company can be difficult because there are many to choose from. Do research to make sure the company considered is respectable and has a great track record. They can do a total makeover on the website so that it will look its best. A SEO company can make an amateurish website look professional so that more and more people will click on the site.
Social networking is helping in this process as well. They can truly help maximize the people that log onto the site because everyone uses some form of social networking. Working together with a professional company to increase the ranking of a website is the answer to the question: What is Search Engine Optimization?